Welcome!

I am so glad you stopped by. Since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I've been converting my Italian family's recipes to gluten free. My family and friends can't tell the difference! I also create my own delicious recipes. I will be posting new recipes weekly which will range from traditional comfort foods to gourmet dishes. Not all of the recipes will be Italian, but they all will be delicious! In addition, you will find helpful tips for gluten free living, related links and product recommendations. I welcome any specific requests for recipes. If I don't have it, I will find it! You can email me directly. A link to my email is located in my profile. . . simply click on the tab to view my full Enjoy the site!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Stuffed Rapini




Stuffed Rapini

This is a delicious green vegetable.  It is a little on the bitter side, but has a unique flavor when prepared correctly.  Rapini is also known as Broccoli Raab and Broccoli Rabe.  This particular recipe is a great side dish for meat, fish and even pasta. 

Stuffed Rapini

2 Bunches Rapini cleaned and chopped
1/2 Cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
1/3 Cup Giardiniera (Hot or Mild depending on preference)
2 Large Garlic Cloves finely minced
1 Tblspn. Salt
1 Tblspn. Black Pepper
1/4 Tspn. Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1/2 Cup Water
3 Tblspn. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Place cleaned and chopped Rapini in a large skillet with the water over medium high flame.   Sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper and all of the lemon juice Cover and let cook until wilting begins.  Uncover and allow to cook until tender and water is evaporated.  When water is evaporated, add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the remainder of salt and pepper and the Red Pepper flakes.  Add the finely minced Garlic and the Giardiniera.  Stir to incorporate and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.  Lower the heat to a low simmer and add the gluten free bread crumbs, stirring to incorporate and absorb any standing liquid. 

Serves 6

Note:  When cleaning the Rapini, cut off the bottom 1/4 to 1/3 of the thicker part of the stems and discard.  This recipe is delicious hot or at room temperature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails