Welcome!

I am so glad you stopped by. Since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I've been converting my Italian family's recipes to gluten free. My family and friends can't tell the difference! I also create my own delicious recipes. I will be posting new recipes weekly which will range from traditional comfort foods to gourmet dishes. Not all of the recipes will be Italian, but they all will be delicious! In addition, you will find helpful tips for gluten free living, related links and product recommendations. I welcome any specific requests for recipes. If I don't have it, I will find it! You can email me directly. A link to my email is located in my profile. . . simply click on the tab to view my full Enjoy the site!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Braised Pork with Fennel and Fire Roasted Tomatoes


Here this is shown served over Rice, but is also delicious with a side of pasta or an herb roasted potato.  Your choice!

Braised Pork with Fennel and Fire Roasted Tomatoes

4 Large Pork Loin Chops (I prefer them on the bone)
1 Large Fennel Bulb cored and thinly sliced with Frons reserved
1 Medium Shallot minced
1 Large Galic Clove minced
2 Tblspn. Lemon Zest
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Cups Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
2 Tblspn. Capers (Non Periel)
2 Tblspn. Dried Italian Parsley
3 Tblspn. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Marsala Wine

Lightly sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper and set aside.  Heat extra virgin olive oil in large skillet over high heat.  Add pork chops and braise until they are lightly golden brown on both sides.  Remove from pan and set aside.  Reduce heat to medium and add Marsala wine, stir and deglaze the pan to incorporate drippings into the sauce.  When Marsala is reduced by 1/2, add sliced Fennel, minced Shallots and minced Garlic.  Stir and cook until Fennel becomes tender.  Add Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, dried parsley and salt and pepper to taste.  Stir sauce and allow to cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.  Add Capers to the sauce and allow to cook for 5 additional minutes.  Add the Braised Pork Chops to the sauce turning  them to coat with the sauce.  Reduce heat to simmer and cook for an additional 20 minutes.  Take reserved Fennel Frons and run your knife through them roughly.  Serve Pork Chops with Sauce on top.  Sprinkle with Fennel Frons and Lemon Zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails