Welcome!

I am so glad you stopped by. Since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I've been converting my Italian family's recipes to gluten free. My family and friends can't tell the difference! I also create my own delicious recipes. I will be posting new recipes weekly which will range from traditional comfort foods to gourmet dishes. Not all of the recipes will be Italian, but they all will be delicious! In addition, you will find helpful tips for gluten free living, related links and product recommendations. I welcome any specific requests for recipes. If I don't have it, I will find it! You can email me directly. A link to my email is located in my profile. . . simply click on the tab to view my full Enjoy the site!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Asparagus Parmigiano Risotto




This is a fantastic dish as a main course or a side dish! Arborio rice is a must for this dish. It has a wonderful creamy consistency.

Asparagus Parmigiano Risotto:

1.5 Cups Arborio Rice
1 Small Sweet Yellow Onion Finely Diced
1 Cup Chopped Asparagus Tips and Spears
4 Tblspn. Unsalted Butter
1 Tblspn. Fresh Lemon Zest
1 Tblspn. Fresh Italian Parsley Finely Chopped
1/2 Cup Finely Grated Parmigiano Cheese
1 Cup Dry White Wine
4 Cups of Warmed Chicken Stock
1 1/2 Tspn. Sea Salt
1/2 Tspn. Black Pepper

Trim the tough ends off of the Asparagus and cook the Asparagus in boiling water until tender. (For this recipe, I prefer the Asparagus very tender with no crisp.) In Saucier or shallow sauce pan melt butter over medium high heat and add the Finely Chopped Sweet Yellow Onions. When onions begin to sweat, add Arborio Rice. Stir Arborio frequently and allow to toast to a light golden color. (This brings out the nuttiness in the Arborio.) Add the Dry White Wine, Salt and Black Pepper and stir frequently until liquid is nearly absorbed. Begin to add warmed Chicken Stock by the ladleful so that the Arborio is just covered. (I keep my Chicken Stock on a nearby burner on low heat.) Continue stirring and as the liquid is absorbed add additional stock. When half of the stock is used, add the cooked and chopped Asparagus. Continue to add the Chicken Stock until the Arborio is tender and creamy in texture. (It may take slightly less or more stock so be certain to test the consistency from time to time. I usually check the consistency after each addition of Chicken Stock is absorbed.) Once the Arborio is tender and creamy in consistency, lower the heat and add the finely grated Parmigiano Cheese. Stir to incorporate. Remove from heat. Sprinkle Fresh Lemon Zest and Fresh Italian Parsley over the Risotto and serve.

Serves 4 - 6 as an Entree

Note: You must stay on top of this dish as you cook. It has to be stirred frequently to avoid sticking. The cooking process takes approximately 25 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails