Welcome!

I am so glad you stopped by. Since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I've been converting my Italian family's recipes to gluten free. My family and friends can't tell the difference! I also create my own delicious recipes. I will be posting new recipes weekly which will range from traditional comfort foods to gourmet dishes. Not all of the recipes will be Italian, but they all will be delicious! In addition, you will find helpful tips for gluten free living, related links and product recommendations. I welcome any specific requests for recipes. If I don't have it, I will find it! You can email me directly. A link to my email is located in my profile. . . simply click on the tab to view my full Enjoy the site!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

For those who prefer Dry Rubs when grilling. . .

     I think that dry rubs result in a very tastey BBQ.  On another note, they are not as messy on your grill.  I think the key to great flavor with a dry rub is the technique in applying it and the length of time the meat is allowed to sit with the dry rub.  Insofar as the technique is concerned, you can't just sprinkle the seasonings on the meat.  You have to get your hands dirty.  Massage the seasoning into the meat making sure that the flavor is really getting in there.  As for the time, I like to dry rub the meat at least 5 hours prior to grilling.  I have done 24 hours when I plan my menu sufficiently in advance.  This is the dry rub that I put together and it tastes great.  Feel free to add or delete spices and share your secrets with me!

BBQ Dry Rub

1/2 Cup Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
1/2 Cup Coarse Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Garlic Powder (Do not use Garlic Salt in place of Garlic Powder)
3 Tblspn. Ceyenne Pepper
1/4 Cup Chili Powder
3 Tblspn. Cumin
1/2 Cup Smoked Paprika

Place all ingredients in a ziplock bag and shake to mix ingredients thoroughly.  Store spice rub in a tupperware container or glass spice jar.    This rub is delicious on Ribs, Brisket and Chicken.  I have also used this rub on Sirloins.  It can be used in combination with a liquid mop or BBQ sauce on the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails