Welcome!

I am so glad you stopped by. Since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I've been converting my Italian family's recipes to gluten free. My family and friends can't tell the difference! I also create my own delicious recipes. I will be posting new recipes weekly which will range from traditional comfort foods to gourmet dishes. Not all of the recipes will be Italian, but they all will be delicious! In addition, you will find helpful tips for gluten free living, related links and product recommendations. I welcome any specific requests for recipes. If I don't have it, I will find it! You can email me directly. A link to my email is located in my profile. . . simply click on the tab to view my full Enjoy the site!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Marinated and Grilled Lamb Chops

Savory Grilled Lamb Chops

These delicious lamb chops are a summer grilling staple at my house.  They are marinated in a savory blend of herbs, lemon, garlic, olive oil and balsamic and then grilled to perfection!  There is no residual "gamey" taste. . .I highly recommend that whether your are a confirmed lamb lover or not, you give these a try. . .I guarantee that you will be back for more!

Savory Grilled Lamb Chops

12 Lamb Chops
2 Large Garlic Cloves Crushed
1 Tblspn. Salt (Sea or Kosher)
1 Tblspn. Ground Black Pepper
1/3 Cup Fresh Mint roughly chopped
1/3 Cup Fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley finely chopped
1 Sprig Rosemary (I usually cut a piece that is about 4 inches long)
1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
Juice of 1 Fresh Lemon

Rinse lamb chops and pat dry.  Set the chops aside.  Mix remaining ingredients in a gallon size zipper plastic bag.  Add the lamb chops to the marinade.  Zip the bag and move the lamb chops around until the marinade is thoroughly mixed and the lamb is well coated.  Place the bag in the refrigerator for 5 to 24 hours according to what your schedule permits.
Grill lamb chops to desired doneness.  I find that 5 minutes on each side over a medium flame results in a medium well done chop.

Serves 4

NOTES:  In a prior post I stated that I preferred to use dry herbs in a marinade.  While I still stand behind that, there are certain meats and fish that do better with the subtle infusion of fresh herbs.  Lamb is one of those meats.   In this recipe if you prefer dry herbs, then use 2 Tblspns. of Parsley, 2 Tblspn. of Mint and 1 Tblspn. of Rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails