Welcome!

I am so glad you stopped by. Since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I've been converting my Italian family's recipes to gluten free. My family and friends can't tell the difference! I also create my own delicious recipes. I will be posting new recipes weekly which will range from traditional comfort foods to gourmet dishes. Not all of the recipes will be Italian, but they all will be delicious! In addition, you will find helpful tips for gluten free living, related links and product recommendations. I welcome any specific requests for recipes. If I don't have it, I will find it! You can email me directly. A link to my email is located in my profile. . . simply click on the tab to view my full Enjoy the site!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fennel and Arugula Citrus Salad

A refreshing Summer Salad

Since Summer is squarely upon us, it is time to add some light fare to the blog.  This refreshing salad with its peppery and sweet overtones is delicious by itself as a light meal or as a side to grilled steaks or poultry.  I hope you enjoy it.

Ingredients (Salad):

1 Cup fresh Arugula cleaned and lightly chopped
1 Cup of thinly sliced and cleaned fresh Fennel
1 Roma Tomato cleaned and chopped
1 Tbspn. finely chopped Red Onion (optional)
1/2 large Orange removed from skin and sectioned 

Ingredients (Dressing):

1/4 Tspn. Fine Sea Salt
1/4 Tspn. Freshly Ground White Pepper
A pinch of Allspice
A pinch of Ginger
1 Whole Clove
1 Tspn. minced fresh Shallot
1 Tspn. fresh Orange Rind
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbspn. Agave Nectar (Honey may be substituted)
1 Tbspn. Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice

Directions:

Make the dressing at least 2 hours prior to serving to marry the flavors.  Place extra virgin olive oil in a measuring cup and slowly add Agave Nectar (or honey) to the oil whisking constantly.  Add orange juice and whisk again.  Add Shallots, spices and orange zest and whisk thoroughly.  Add the whole clove and cover with plastic wrap.  Place in refrigerator until salad is ready to serve.  At time of serving, assemble salad ingredients in serving bowl.  Remove dressing from refrigerator, remove clove and whisk to incorporate all ingredients.  Drizzle over salad and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails