Welcome!

I am so glad you stopped by. Since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I've been converting my Italian family's recipes to gluten free. My family and friends can't tell the difference! I also create my own delicious recipes. I will be posting new recipes weekly which will range from traditional comfort foods to gourmet dishes. Not all of the recipes will be Italian, but they all will be delicious! In addition, you will find helpful tips for gluten free living, related links and product recommendations. I welcome any specific requests for recipes. If I don't have it, I will find it! You can email me directly. A link to my email is located in my profile. . . simply click on the tab to view my full Enjoy the site!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fresh Coleslaw ... The perfect side for summer BBQ

Coleslaw

Ingredients:

4 Cups Raw Green Cabbage Julienned 
2 Raw Carrots Shredded
3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1.5 Tbsp. Apple Cider
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp. Celery Seed

Directions:

Combine Julienned Cabbage and Shredded Carrots. Rinse and set aside to dry. Combine Mayonnaise, Apple Cider Vinegar, salt, black pepper and celery seed. Whisk to incorporate ingredients. Pour dressing over slaw mixture, stir to coat evenly. Place Coleslaw in refrigerator for 
2 - 3 hours before serving. Prior to serving, taste and adjust seasoning to your liking, if necessary.

Note:

Any type of Cabbage may be used alone or in combination with one another. You can also add other vegetables such as bell peppers, Jicama, or Turnips. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails