Welcome!

I am so glad you stopped by. Since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I've been converting my Italian family's recipes to gluten free. My family and friends can't tell the difference! I also create my own delicious recipes. I will be posting new recipes weekly which will range from traditional comfort foods to gourmet dishes. Not all of the recipes will be Italian, but they all will be delicious! In addition, you will find helpful tips for gluten free living, related links and product recommendations. I welcome any specific requests for recipes. If I don't have it, I will find it! You can email me directly. A link to my email is located in my profile. . . simply click on the tab to view my full Enjoy the site!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pork Chops and Vegetables en papillote on the grill...

Pork Chops and Veggies en Papillote

Ingredients:

4 Boneless Pork Loin Chops cut approximately 1 inch thick
8 Baby Bell Peppers
8 New Potatoes (purple and white) sliced thin
1 Small Yellow Onion Sliced thin
4 Campari Tomatoes cut in half
1/4 Tsp. Fine Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
1/4 Tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp.Granulated Garlic
1/4 Tsp. Paprika
1 sprig of  Fresh Rosemary
1Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:

Pre-heat grill to 350 - 400 degrees. Mix the salt, pepper, granulated garlic and Paprika together.
Cut two large pieces of aluminum foil. On one sheet of foil, lay the Pork Chops in single layer. Sprinkle the chops liberally with the seasoning reserving some for the vegetables. Lay the Vegetables over the chops and sprinkle with the balance of seasoning mixture. Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the vegetables and place the sprig of Rosemary on top. Place the second sheet of aluminum foil over the top and seal the edges of the two sheets by folding them twice all the way around. This will form a rectangular cooking packet. Place packet on grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on each side.  Use care in turning them to avoid tearing the foil. (I use a large spatula and wear a grill mitt to turn them.) After removing packet from grill allow it to rest for a few minutes. Be careful opening the aluminum packet as hot steam will release from it.  Discard the Rosemary and serve.

Serves 4

Note:

If you are cooking for more than 4 people, make multiple packets. Otherwise, the packets will be too large to handle effectively.

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails